Friday 26 October 2012

an hour to live (Third act:)


an hour to live
if you have not read the earlier acts
click here:http://kamelspace.blogspot.com/search/label/roman

Third act:

'' one who is not unmasked, is always honest''

Suzannah Centlivre.



At the same time, Lottie Lönnrot, Fred's girlfriend, is in Paris to attend a conference on the work of Albert Camus, given by the University of Nanterre, and at the same time to promote his latest book .

She dines with his friend Lucas, photographer and freelance journalist in a fancy restaurant in the French capital.

Bolted the light of the lamp on the table gives Lottie, a face of love. Lucas is dazzled by her beauty and contemplate as flabbergasted, muse endlessly discoursing about his book.
-Gee, Lottie, why did you not deter Fred, to enter the clinic? Plague Lucas in the middle of the meal and interrupting his speech somewhat.



The silence that hosts the replica Lucas, made him realize the mistake he suddenly had committed. Lottie looks, almost with anger.

I'm talking about my book for almost half an hour, and this is what you have to say about me ... Fred! ...

-but it's your partner ... you do not think about him now? Him alone with his troubles ... ... I'm worried about him, if you know what I mean ... Fred is also important that your book, if I remember correctly, if not more ... how to apply their new...that's all ... but ...


Lottie blanched, she is perplexed by the replies of Lucas. She lit a cigarette to hide his confusion and breathe a little. It takes a moment his head between his hands, as if to atone for a fumble on his part, then over and stares at Lucas with his big blue eyes.


I'll be honest with you about Fred.

I do not know the past of Fred, I've never asked him. We met one evening when he was a little anxious about what I do not know ... I was in need of affection and esteem took me ... then love came between us. We promised not to talk about our past and stay together. Since we are cohabitees, completely free.

It is true that it is now worried, stressed, missing for days. He then recovered and became quite normal ... Most disturbing is her diary ...

A light rain begins to fall in this beautiful autumn day in Paris, the air is a bit chilly but inside the restaurant the atmosphere is pleasant. Fred ride home, Lottie to her hotel and returned home. Arrived in her room, she immediately called her boyfriend on the phone.
after three attempts, it is always the answering machine that takes the communication ...
Lottie, called again, Fred on his mobile. No answer, either.
A vague uneasiness emerges on the face of Lottie who does not know what to do. She thought for a moment and pulls from his bag his phonebook.



-A ... Agnetta, here I am ... she told herselfby forming, the number of his friend.

Agnetta is a longtime friend of Lottie and Fred. Fred has been before, and was much attached to him for his romanticism and charm, but never went too far with him is a woman too Agnetta free and does not like to focus on someone one. Since they remained close friends ...

They may sometimes go out together and have fun for a night of drinking. The next day, things resume their usual course, and all is forgotten. Lottie knows nothing about their escapades.

Agnetta is a very beautiful woman, brown them green eyes, slender body and slim, a real bomb.
-Hello, hello darling ... you are in Paris, wonderful! ... Responds Agnetta.
I'm worried about Fred does not answer the phone ... you do not have an idea of where it might be ... on his mobile either, there is no answer ... hum



Agnetta takes a glass of wine before responding to her friend.

I saw Fred about an hour ago at the pub, he was with friends, certainly, a man and two women ... I greeted him and I left right after I had an appointment ... it must probably be still in the pub, it does not close until four in the morning ...
The sigh of Lottie, a little nervous, reaches the ear Agnetta ... which takes the discussion as to calm her friend
-listen darling, do not panic, the pub is right chic ...
and more it is with friends.
it seemed to be in shape when I saw him ... if there is an emergency, I can call the pub, if you want?
I do not know, resumed, Lottie, I'll wait ... he got my call, he will probably remember, once annuity at home ... thank you, Agnetta, let me know in case ...
Lottie hangs up the phone without finishing his phrase


To be continued ...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Vous avez aimé cet article!
Merci de laisser un commentaire!